Patches for rsync.mbox

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Mon Apr 8 22:57:02 EST 2002

On 27 Mar 2002, "Nelson H. F. Beebe" <beebe at math.utah.edu> wrote:
> I found that my mail client reported invalid messages in the
> just-downloaded rsync.mbox.
>
> Further examination showed that they are due to instances of
> unprefixed words "From" at beginning of line in the message body.
> Once I fixed them, all messages are visible.

I looked in to this.  It seems that the mbox is being generated by
Mailman, our list software.

I would have thought that the From lines needed anglebracket escapes
at the start, but Mailman apparently disagrees, and mutt 1.2.5 can
open those messages correctly.  Perhaps they use a heuristic about the
'^From ' line being followed by something that looks like a header?

What mailer are you using?

--
Martin