rsync 2.5.5 compilation problems

Israel, David N david.n.israel at intel.com
Sat Apr 6 10:18:02 EST 2002

Hi,
  I compiled rsync on an HPUX 11i box, and got lots of errors about
redefining sendfile() and sendpath().  The compilation succeeded, but the
binary failed.  I then took a binary I had compiled on an HP11.00 box, and
it worked fine.
  I tried this with both gcc & the HP ansic compilers.  The same results.
  I am attaching a full transcript of the configure & compilation session.
The ld warning at the bottom is standard since I did not use the +DAportable
flag.  Adding it did not solve my problem.

  In addition, configure is failing on aix325 and SunOS 4.1.4.  Are they
still supported?  Here is the output from AIX 3.2.5 (SunOS gives the same):

disrael at ilx395> setenv CC /bin/cc
disrael at ilx395> ./configure
configure: Configuring rsync 2.5.5
checking build system type... rs6000-ibm-aix3.2.5
checking host system type... rs6000-ibm-aix3.2.5
checking target system type... rs6000-ibm-aix3.2.5
checking for gcc... /bin/cc
checking for C compiler default output... cat: cannot open conftest.c

                              David Israel.

IDC/Computing
Intel Israel (74), Ltd.
david.n.israel at intel.com