rsync 2.5.5 fails to kernel.org

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 5 15:34:02 EST 2002

Greets.

I thought I saw someone asking for problem reports against 2.5.5.

Red Hat 7.1 + errata with rsync 2.5.5 from tgz sources. I use the rsync
command:

  rsync -rltv --partial --delete --delete-excluded" \
  rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/ \
  /var/ftp/pub/mirrors/kernel.org/

I get the following error:

  rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (1493971 bytes read so far)
  rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(151)
  rsync: error writing 4092 unbuffered bytes - exiting: Broken pipe
  rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(464)

Here's the results from another run:

  rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (1493991 bytes read so far)
  rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(151)
  rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (1493971 bytes read so far)
  rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(151)

And yet another...

  rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (1502394 bytes read so far)
  rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(151)
  rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (1502374 bytes read so far)
  rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(151)

Anyway, it's pretty consistent. I'm not sure which version of rsync
kernel.org is running but I know the recommend a 2.4.x release on their web
site.

--
Regards,
 Scott Russell (lnxgeek at us.ibm.com)