metadata in dryrun mode

Mark Santcroos marks at ripe.net
Wed Apr 3 03:28:07 EST 2002

As I reported a while back rsync doesn't handle metadata (permissions and
ownership) in dryrun mode.

I offered to make a patch and that offer still stands. I didn't have the
time for it until now and want to pick it up again. I had some ugly hack
back then but I want to redo it in a clean way.

I would like some input on my thoughts.

IMHO, it would be ideally if the check for dry_run would be pushed down as
far as possible. That would be in the syscall wrapper functions if I am
correct.

If that is not possible, then it is fine with me.

Please let me know and I will create the appropriate patch.

Mark

--
Mark Santcroos				RIPE Network Coordination Centre
http://www.ripe.net/home/mark/		New Projects Group/TTM