File Owner, Group and Permissions for Win2000

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Tue Apr 2 08:09:10 EST 2002

No, I actually meant "ntea".  I found it in some docs somewhere.  It
enables unix-like permissions.  Without it (or maybe ntsec.  I never heard
of that one), chmod doesn't do anything.  Nonetheless, as I recall, you're
a cygwin maintainer, and know much more about it than I do.  I just know i
needed this flag.  What does 'ntsec' do?  It's a pain to dig through the
cygwin doc, as it's multiple files, non-searchable, at least what I find.
I just use it like unix, and live with what doesn't work, usually (nothing
comes to mind at the moment).

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

David Starks-Browning <starksb at ebi.ac.uk>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org