include lists

Ask Bjoern Hansen ask at valueclick.com
Sat Sep 29 12:11:46 EST 2001

hi,

I am trying to specify to rsync an explicit list of what files to
transfer.  (I have a daemon that keep track of timestamps of the
files, so before running rsync I query that daemon to get a list).

I thought --exclude=* --include=/path/foo --include=/path/bar should
do it, but I am having no luck.

Both
rsync -v --stats -W -a --delete --exclude=* --include=clients/ask/foasd1 rsync://server/module /the/path
and the same with --include=/[...] just gives me:

Number of files: 1
Number of files transferred: 0
Total file size: 0 bytes
Total transferred file size: 0 bytes
Literal data: 0 bytes
Matched data: 0 bytes
File list size: 56
Total bytes written: 133
Total bytes read: 92

?!

Adding more -v's I see that rsync is happily excluding every
directory, but not including the --include's I've given.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://ask.netcetera.dk/         !try; do();
more than a billion impressions per week, http://valueclick.com