Include / Exclude question

Coroiu Cosmin Marius crosby at sec.co.ro
Wed Sep 26 16:17:03 EST 2001

Dave Dykstra wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 12:18:31PM +0300, Coroiu Cosmin Marius wrote:
> >               Hello all !
> >       I want to save some of the directories and files from my home dir.For
> > that I create a new directory where I moved the file for sync and I made
> > some symlinks to the dirs which I want to include in sync.The hidden
> > directoris (like .netscape) are not included in sync. How can I say to
> > rsync to include these directories too and how can I exclude a list of
> > directories (I have .mozilla too and I don't want do synchronize the
> > cache dir from .netscape and .mozilla ) ?
>
> Have you checked the man page for --include and --exclude?
>
> If you want rsync to copy files that are on the other end of a symlink,
> you'll need to use -L.
>
> - Dave Dykstra

		Hello Dave ,

	I used already the -L option and it works but only for symlinks with
other name than .name ..All this symlinks (.netscape , .mozilla ) are
not included in synchronization.If I rename them it works ...That it's
my question : how can include hidden dirs and symlinks ?

Crosby.
--
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important
that you do it."  --Mahatma Gandhi

ICQ #35594993   Linux Registered User #216853