rsync does not copy hidden directories

Francis Stevens Francis.Stevens at digitalbrain.com
Thu Sep 13 18:17:38 EST 2001

Michelene,

We use rsync (2.4.6) a lot and it copies dot-directories for us.  I
suspect you've
got a problem with the command line you're using, the following is an
example
of what we use:-

rsync -ae "ssh -C -x" --delete machine_a:/home/ /backups/machine_a/home/

all the usual dot-directories in the home directories are copied.

Francis Stevens
Digitalbrain