redundant server

robert slater robert at synapticserver.com
Wed Sep 5 00:26:51 EST 2001

Hello all
i am sorry to bring what may seem like a silly question to this list..

I have to set up a server to sync with the main server.[local network]
This needs to be done to an entire directory tree an to be done as often as is practical.
The aim is to have a synchronised server to satisfy stringent redundancy .
What happens if i set a cron job on to rsync hourly and the process takes 65mins?
Does a new process start and the "old" one continue?
It also needs to verify the contents of the files  checksum -c ?
I read in a previous post that timestamps were important.
Would it be worth setting synchronisation with a time server?

Thankyou

robert slater