Rsync time syncing problem

Matthew Simpson msimpson at market-research.com
Wed Oct 31 08:57:50 EST 2001

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me. We use Rsync to transfer files to and
from our Australian and US server and we are experiencing files being
overwritten and a few files disappearing (their contents disappear).
I have setup ntp on each machine pointing to the same ntp server and
set the hwclock to utc. We have found that the files on the US server
are x:xx:01 secs and the AU server is x:xx:00 secs (doing an ls -l
--full-time) Even though the files are only being updated on the AU
server they are still coming back from the US server which they
shouldn't be.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I read something about mds
checksum and rsync. but wasn't sure if this was the solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt