one log for each module

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Sat Oct 27 03:15:03 EST 2001

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 06:08:55PM +0200, Ivan Renedo wrote:
> There are some way to have a log for each module?
> If there aren't, it should be a a great functionality for maintaining the
> server.
> Thanks for the help and continue with this great application !

Currently the "log file" option is a global but I don't see why it can't be
made into a local.  Do you want to work up a patch?  At one point the log
file was opened early and never closed & reopened on a long-running rsync
--daemon, but I changed that a while ago to re-open the log file on every
new connection, and that may have taken away the reason for making it a
global.

- Dave Dykstra