rsync recursion question

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu Oct 25 05:55:24 EST 2001

Justin Banks [justinb at tricord.com] writes:

> If your suggestion worked, that would be just fine with
> me. Actually, I guess it's fine anyway, I'll just have to maintain
> my patch ;)

This is probably obvious, but just in case it isn't, CVS makes this
fairly trivial (importing the main rsync releases and then developing
your own changes on the mainline) to maintain over time.  Tracking
local changes to third party sources is one of its strengths.  That's
how I maintain our internal version of rsync which has a variety of
local changes.  Most I eventually submit back for possible inclusion
in the main release (after some burn-in time in local use), but there
are some that aren't general purpose enough, so they just stay in our
repository.

-- David