Feature req: multiple source trees

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Thu Oct 25 03:25:37 EST 2001

He's wanting rsync to interleave the directories, automatically resolving any conflicts, not put multiple directories under the destination.  At least, that's what he seems to be asking.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn, 19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970), ".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

                    Dave Dykstra
                    <dwd at bell-labs.co           To:  "Ph. Marek" <marek at bmlv.gv.at>
                    m>                          cc:  rsync at lists.samba.org
                    Sent by:                     (bcc: Tim Conway/LMT/SC/PHILIPS)
                    rsync-admin at lists           Subject:  Re: Feature req: multiple source trees
                    .samba.org
                                                Classification:

                    10/24/2001 11:09
                    AM

How is that different from the behavior now when multiple source
directories are given?  The rsync Usage says:

    Usage: rsync [OPTION]... SRC [SRC]... [USER@]HOST:DEST
      or   rsync [OPTION]... [USER@]HOST:SRC DEST
      or   rsync [OPTION]... SRC [SRC]... DEST
      or   rsync [OPTION]... [USER@]HOST::SRC [DEST]
      or   rsync [OPTION]... SRC [SRC]... [USER@]HOST::DEST
      or   rsync [OPTION]... rsync://[USER@]HOST[:PORT]/SRC [DEST]
    SRC on single-colon remote HOST will be expanded by remote shell
    SRC on server remote HOST may contain shell wildcards or multiple
      sources separated by space as long as they have same top-level

Multiple sources can be specified in all cases.

- Dave Dykstra