hanging issues

Raj rgoud at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 11:52:15 EST 2001

Hi List,
I was going through the rsync archives to find any
patches to deal with hanging issues, seems to be there
are patches but there are no instructions on how to
apply these patches. For instance the following email
points to the links where we can download patches

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Steve Ladendorf wrote:
> Is there something I'm doing wrong?  What can I do
to prevent rsync from
> hanging all the time??

If you avoid using -v, that can help rsync not to
hang.  However, a
better fix is to apply this patch:

    http://www.clari.net/~wayne/rsync-nohang1.patch

This fixes a very common hang problem, and makes -v
safe to use again.

Since you are also transferring large quantities of
files, I would be
very interested in knowing if rsync still hangs after
applying that
patch.  If it does, try applying this patch:

    http://www.clari.net/~wayne/rsync-nohang2.patch

The second patch fixes a much rarer bug, and it would
be great to know
if someone had run into it in simple, real-world
conditions.

How do I apply these patches, could someone help me on
that.
Thanks in advance

Raj

=====