Connection Timeout

Jeff Sims sims at interex.org
Tue Oct 23 09:25:31 EST 2001

This is my first post so first of all I will say hello to everyone.

I have rsync configured and working properly on my local network however
when I try to connect from a remote host (one located in a different state)
the connection times out. I was wondering if there was another way to set
the timeout besides in the rsyncd.conf file?

As I said the connection works fine on the internal lan, but no remote
machine can connect. The machine is listed in the host allow variable in
the rsyncd.conf file and the username and password are correct. I can ssh
from the remote machine in so it isn't a connectivity issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you

Jeff Sims