rsync on cygwin: Connection reset by peer

David Starks-Browning starksb at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Oct 23 00:47:53 EST 2001

On Monday 22 Oct 01, tim.conway at philips.com writes:
> Dave: I remember a thread where it was decided to default to "use
> chroot = no" on systems that don't support it.  Is it a pretty
> recent build?  Am I remembering wrong?

Cygwin is certainly a moving target, especially these days.

I thought I'd read that daemon mode wasn't working on Cygwin, but it
was a mistake for me to assert that on this list without having tried
it myself.  I should know better, too.  Mea culpa.

I'm in a position to test rsync with Cygwin on Win98 and NT 4.0 in all
possible "modes".  I'll endeavour to do that, and report back.
Unfortunately it will be a few days before I can make progress.

Sorry to confuse the issue so badly.

Regards,
David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)

  David Starks-Browning                  | starksb at ebi.ac.uk
  EMBL Outstation --                     |
  The European Bioinformatics Institute  |
  Wellcome Trust Genome Campus           | tel: +44 (1223) 494 616
  Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD, UK       | fax: +44 (1223) 494 468