rsync errors

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Fri Oct 19 22:56:49 EST 2001

Ah... there's your answer.  ssh is working fine, as you say, but you're invoking rsync without telling it to user ssh, so it's using rsh.  If you've got this, you don't need rsyncd.conf.  The syntax you're using tells rsync to use an external transport.
rsync -e ssh file rmt_host:/tmp

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips
Available as n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn, 19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970), ".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

Raj <rgoud at yahoo.com>@lists.samba.org on 10/18/2001 04:15:16 PM

Sent by:  rsync-admin at lists.samba.org