rsync errors

Raj rgoud at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 08:15:16 EST 2001

I need to use rsync to copy /thirdparty/dynamo/web on
host a to /thirdparty/dynamo/web on host b. Could
anyone help me how to setup the rsyncd.conf file for
this, do I really need to use rsync.conf.
I ran ssh to the remote server, the shell is clean but
when I tried the following command it gives error

ssh rmt_host date (it displays date on the remote
host)

rsync file rmt_host:/tmp

gives following error:
Failed to exec remsh :permission denied
unexpected EOF in read_timeout

I know remsh is used for unsecured hosts using .rhosts
that means some where we need to tell rsync to look
for ssh not rsh but I don't know where to look. Please
help.
Thanks

=====