(no subject)

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Tue Oct 16 05:13:47 EST 2001

There's nothing in rsync to do that.  How about making the files and directories all belong to another user, set the sticky bit and write for your rsync user on the directories, unset write for the files, and rsync that way, then chown afterwards?  the
updates to existing files will fail, leaving you only with new.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips
Available as n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn, 19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970), ".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

Vipul Ved Prakash <mail at vipul.net>@lists.samba.org on 10/13/2001 02:46:38 AM

Please respond to mail at vipul.net

Sent by:  rsync-admin at lists.samba.org