rsync binary for ncr mp ras svr4

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Fri Oct 12 23:29:57 EST 2001

One of the binary types I support for my company is SVR4 on Intel, and even
though I compile it on Unixware (1.1.2 currently) it runs on NCR MP RAS.
I also make the binaries available on the internet, which you can get along
with many other tools from

    http://www.bell-labs.com/wwexptools

You can even get automatic updates if you like using my "Not-So-Bad-
Distribution" program.  I use that as the basis of the distribution system
we use to send lots of binaries to approximately 10,000 Unix users inside
Lucent.

I also copy several of the rsync binary types to

    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/binaries/

but the Intel SVR4 type is one I don't bother to copy because it appears
to be such a rarely used type.  I could easily add it to my upload script
though if anybody requests it.

- Dave Dykstra