rsync binary for ncr mp ras svr4

Harala, Sauli sauli.harala at eds.com
Fri Oct 12 17:17:14 EST 2001

> Anybody ever compile rsync under "ncr mp ras svr4"
Not me - but somewhat interested too about this issue.

Did you use the standard NCR C-compiler
(cc - "high performance C-compiler") ?

> run the rsync binary i received this error:

What have you tried to run - first
try to run just locally in NCR:

<your-rsync-path>/rsync --version

If this answer is proper -
you have probably succeeded in compilation.

Then you can try something a bit more complicated by
running rsync copying locally from one local directory
to another (without any host names).

The next step is probably to give the name of your
local host and own user ID - so you also really
start a second instance of rsync in your host.

When you have succeeded in this - hope that
that you have a rsync binary in both of your
machines.

By specifying

     --rsync-path=PATH

you tell the the binary location
in the remote computer.

Please,  tell whether you had success or
still trouble.

sh