Using rsync 2.3.1, individual file size limitation...

Mark Eichin eichin at thok.org
Fri Oct 12 02:10:18 EST 2001

> send_files failed to open .../data1/intlmv.data/histimv.rec:
> Value too large for defined data type

Is that Solaris 8?  I ask not just because you should have mentioned
this in the bug report (tsk tsk :-) but that I've seen that error and
it *didn't* have anything to do with file size (or rsync) but instead
had to do with files having "negative" timestamps - often created by
unzip.  Just something to keep in mind, when resubmitting your question
with enough information to actually make sense of it...