Rsync Throughput issues

meg meg at apple.com
Thu Oct 11 07:37:53 EST 2001

Yes, built.  Compiled with specific options.  Do you have any
questions about building on AIX?  (again, I mention 4.1.5 and Apple
hardware because it is older and different, but it should be easier
on your newer, standard boxes)

Your I/O wait was on the box being read from or written to?  How are
you viewing the wait (something like monitor or top?)?  Is one of the
boxes running rsync as a deamon?  Do you experience the drag on any
read/write or only the large files you mention (or only on specific
files)?  You mentioned ftp at some point, yes?  Was there a
performance hit for that service as well?  Did you try the -u flag?
Do you have space to try the sync locally (take out the network and
second host variables in order to narrow down the troubleshooting)?

Again, let us know if you have questions specific to the tasks on AIX
and good luck.