Slow rsync

Hans E. Kristiansen hans at tropic.net
Wed Oct 10 20:39:05 EST 2001

I have had the same problem, but I was using the 2.4.8 kernel  ( in a
production environment ). I reverted back to 2.2.19, with no changes.

I believe that the problem in my case was the 3COM drivers, 3c90x. I have
now changed the driver to the 3C59x, which seems to work fine.

Although the symptoms are similar, I had problems with the transfer
deteriorated over time. I use rsync to take client backup from windows
software to a local server, using samba mounts. The backup is then written
to tape. Real nice solution and all, when it works.

Thx,
Hans E.