Rsync: Re: patch to enable faster mirroring of large filesyst ems

Keating, Tim TKeating at origin.ea.com
Fri Nov 30 08:50:08 EST 2001

In my particular case, it is reasonable to assume that the size and
timestamp will change when the file is updated. (We are looking at it as a
patching mechanism.)

Right now it's actually using update time only, I should modify it to check
the file size as well.

Is there a way you could query your database to tell you which extents have
data that has been modified within a certain timeframe?