Rsync: Re: patch to enable faster mirroring of large filesyst ems

Alberto Accomazzi aaccomazzi at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 30 06:30:16 EST 2001

It seems to me the new options --read-batch and --write-batch should go
a long way towards reducing any time spent in creation of checksums and
file lists, so you should definitely give 2.4.7pre4 a try.  This is just
a guess since I haven't actually used those options myself, but seems
worth looking into.

BTW, could we please have some real documentation about these options?  What's
in the man page doesn't come nearly close to telling what is cached and
how to make use of it.  Some examples of how people are using this option
may be illuminating for those of us who don't have the time or inclination
to figure it out from the code.

-- Alberto

Alberto Accomazzi                          mailto:aaccomazzi at cfa.harvard.edu
NASA Astrophysics Data System                      http://adsabs.harvard.edu
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics        http://cfawww.harvard.edu
60 Garden Street, MS 83, Cambridge, MA 02138 USA