rsync server over SSH [includes code patches]

JD Paul jdpaul at interstel.net
Wed Nov 28 03:46:33 EST 2001

Actually, my patch already has that in rsync_module():

        if (is_a_socket(f_in)) {
                addr = client_addr(f_in);
                host = client_name(f_in);
        } else {
                char *ssh_client = getenv("SSH_CLIENT");
                addr = ssh_client ? ssh_client : "n/a";
                host = "remote shell connection";
        }

The problem is that I was only looking at string usages of SSH_CLIENT
(debugging mostly) rather than allow_access() use.  That shouldn't be
hard to fix; we just need to truncate a copy of the SSH_CLIENT string
at the first whitespace.  I'll see if I can get that into the next
version of my patch.

					JD