rsync server over SSH [includes code patches]

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Mon Nov 26 11:01:13 EST 2001

> Actually, right now I'm just a rej on main.c
>
> cali:/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/rsync-2.4.6# patch -p0 <
> ../rsync-ssh-over-daemon.patch
> patching file `authenticate.c'
> patching file `clientserver.c'
> patching file `main.c'
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 166.
> Hunk #8 FAILED at 763.
> 2 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to main.c.rej

Possibly this patch is against CVS HEAD.

So you can either build against CVS (more useful, possibly more
exciting), or try to integrate the rejected changes yourself by
opening main.c in an editor and trying to insert the corresponding
changes at the right place.  If you use emacs you might like to use
emerge.

See http://cvs.samba.org/ for instructions on getting an anonymous cvs
checkout.

--