--no-detach option?

Andre Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Fri Nov 23 00:33:39 EST 2001

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 03:05:32PM -0800, Jos Backus wrote:

> How about adding a --no-detach option (to be used in combination with
> --daemon) to rsync so it can be run under Dan Bernstein's daemontools'
> supervise? If there's interest I'll provide a patch.

I'd be interested in this; sure.  The real question is whether
Dave/Martin/the other rsync maintainers would be interested in
it, too :).

I think it should be included, since the patch is non-invasive
and doesn't break compatiblity.  It would probably be beneficial
even for people who don't use daemontools.

--
#ozone/algorithm <ozone at algorithm.com.au>          - trust.in.love.to.save