Bandwidth Limits

uid0 at catastrophe.net uid0 at catastrophe.net
Wed Nov 21 04:03:32 EST 2001

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 07:49:59 -0700, tim.conway at philips.com wrote...

; That was just too small a test.  --bwlimit= causes rsync to sleep for an
; appropriate interval after each data block (not tcp packet), in order to
; pull the average transfer rate down to the specified limit.  Your reported
; transfer rate was only a little above 1kbps anyway, as the test was so
; small, there wasn't time to even get the send>sleep>send>sleep cycle
; going... overhead stretched the time out so much that the 128k transferred
; took an insignificant portion of the total runtime.

Ok, here's my question. Is rsync using K/Bytes per second (KBps) or
K/Bits per second (Kbps)?? There's a huge difference here.

Doh!! It is KBytes. I just did an RTFM.

I'm at a loss as to why it would be written as KBytes, but whatever.

Thanks for the help.