modules madness / ssh regardless of daemon

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Tue Nov 20 07:27:34 EST 2001

You're fine.  You can either use the rsyncd (defiance::auth), thus going
to your rsyncd, or you can use -e ssh, using ssh as the remote transport.
rsync -options -e ssh remotehost:/path/to/auth /path/to/auth/mirror.
if you use the second version, the rsyncd.conf is irrelevant.... you don't
have to relate a path as a named module... you just use the path...
period.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

Brian Clark <brianj at fusionwerks.com>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org