Is anybody else gettting these?

Rusty Carruth rcarruth at tempe.tt.slb.com
Tue Nov 20 04:53:47 EST 2001

tim.conway at philips.com wrote:
> I keep getting these smarmy sermons from somebody's mail account.  I
> include my response to it below, though from its message, it probably
> won't be read.

Yikes.

Chill, everyone!  I hate html email as much as the next person,
(maybe more so ;-)  But I just lived through the 'html email - just say no'
war that I started a week or so ago, and suggest that now is a good
time to take a deep breath, step back, relax, and sip a cool one
(or whatever you need to do to relax!)  Yes, html mail is bad.
But some people have no choice.  Talk NICELY to whoever makes
the decisions about that stuff, its their fault....

Besides, I see Tim's email just fine.  No weird stuff in it at all...

Oh, well, I'll climb back into my hole now   ;-)

(and, no, I don't get those, but then I never include html
in my email.  Hey, just for fun:

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>Fake html, entered by hand, as an experiment.
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

lets see if I get any replies like that...)

rc

Disclaimer - sorry for posting to the entire list.  However, I did want
do do two things - one, that little experiment, and two, ask everyone
who might be excited to calm down before replying.  I just had my
fill of html-wars last week, and can tell you that we'll probably
generate much more heat than light - and would rather see folks
spending their time generating light! ;-)