read error: Connection reset by peer

Thomas Lambert thomas at dscassociates.com
Sat Nov 17 09:22:44 EST 2001

This is just a wild A** guess, but in your rsyncd.conf did you try to put:
[cdrive]
path=c:/

OR maybe try (on your aix):
 rsync -v nkapoor at testor::cygdrive/c/Temp/pix.log .
or
 rsync -v nkapoor at testor::/cygdrive/c/Temp/pix.log .

(I don't know if you need the first "/" after testor)

cygdrive is a builtin prefix for drives.

There might also be a problem with the permission checking on your AIX
machine (where you are trying to save it)  There is an option for rsync that
has something to do with permissions, but ???

Like I said, this is just a wild guess.  I am pretty new to rsync, but did
get it working finally going from an NT to a Linux box (nt running rsync
client with ssh to linux)