Secure connection to testor refused !

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Fri Nov 16 09:51:07 EST 2001

You'll have to chose between the external transport via ssh and the rsync
daemon.  The commandline to use the rsyncd, based on your example, would
be
rsync -v guest at testor::"c:/Temp/pix.log" .
I'm guessing, however, that you don't have a module named "c:" in your
rsyncd.conf.
I would hope that if you're trying to use the rsyncd, you have something
like
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[cdrive]
path = "c:\"
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
in your rsyncd.conf.  that would mean your commandline would be
rsync -v guest at testor::cdrive/Temp/pix.log .

the internal transport (rsyncd connection) is signified by the double
colon "::" delimiter between the host and the path, which in this case is
the name of the module, followed by the path to the subdirectory.
the single colon means to open a tcp connection to the remote machine,
execute "rsync --server
--whateverotherundocumentedoptionsitusesinthiscircumstance", and use that
as the remote.  the "-e ssh" means to use ssh instead of the default rsh.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

"Kapoor, Nishikant X" <Nishikant.X.Kapoor at xcelenergy.com>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org