Any Idiots guides out there

Lee Edward Armstrong lea at darklyte.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 04:47:40 EST 2001

Hiya,

> I get the feeling i'm getting confused with rsh and ssh setups and
> bits....hence an idiots guid to getting the job done would be a life saver

Ignore this....I've now got something roughly going.

I was quite confused between using rsync with rsh/ssh and using the
daemon mode, the difference being the client side with an extra :

eg
rsync -avz ftpsync at 10.1.1.29::ftp /home/proftp/

Also i was having problems as my rsync.conf had [ftp file] as I thought the
stuff in the brackets was a nominal name rather than an actual module name

Oh and theres a useful guide at

http://www.freebsddiary.org/rsync.php

Ta,
		Lee

--
Lee Edward Armstrong (now in maried form!)http://www.darkwave.org.uk/~lee
My Clothes Will Impress You, And My Claws Will Undress You. - The Damned