RSYNC: Any Idiots guides out there

L. Cranswick lzc at dl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 04:34:24 EST 2001

There is a rather rambling tutorial at:
   http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/ccp14admin/rsync/
(this does not have ssh tunnelling in there)

Though for the following - if the files are owned by root - root
will be the only one able to rsync them across?

Maybe creating a special account with some extra file
privaledges but not 100% root could get the job done for
you?

Lachlan.

--
Lachlan M. D. Cranswick