times difference causes write

Don Mahurin dmahurin at berkeley.innomedia.com
Wed Nov 14 08:36:34 EST 2001

My first problem is that I am writing to compact flash, so I want the minimal
number of writes.
My second problem is that the flash is of limited size, so I need some sort
of patch rsync that does not keep the old file before writing the new one.
My patch now just unlinks the file ahead, and implies -W.

So my wish was that a time discrepancy would lead to a checksum, where the
files would match.
This is not the case, however, as you say.

So for now, I must use -c.  It's slow, but I know that I get the minimum
number of writes.

-don