mirrorring mailserver

Michael P. Carel mikecarel at team5.teamglac.com
Tue Nov 13 12:52:48 EST 2001

Hi to all,

Im just a RSYNC newbie, i've tried to set this up and evaluate. Im trying to
create a mirror of my mail server but what i observed during my test of this
rsync the ownership are being changed(501) when it was downloaded  to my
mirror.I have the following test config with my server:

mail server: rsyncd.conf(192.168.1.36):

motd file = /etc/rsyncd.motd
log file = /var/log/rsyncd.log
pid file = /var/run/rsyncd.pid
lock file = /var/run/rsync.lock

[test]
        path = /home/test
        comment = My Test File
        read only = yes
        list = yes
        hosts allow = 192.168.1.17/32

This is my commandline in my mirror machine transferring file to /home/test/

#rsync -avz  192.168.1.36::test /home/test

Any idea whats wrong with my work? i just whant to preserved all the
ownership and permissions on the mail server upon transferring on the mirror
server.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Michael P. Carel