win2k + >2GB files problem

Horvath Andras Horvath.Andras at fornax.hu
Fri Nov 9 02:49:39 EST 2001

hi,

Thank you all for the replies. I'm using 2.4 stock of kernels of course,
and I don't use rsh or cygwin on the win2k side, only the compiled
rsync.exe and a cygwin1.dll copied into the rsync directory.

Also, rsync works between any Linux boxes with any size of files, so I
suppose the Linux side must be OK.

I don't use rsh; I tried (mostly) to use the rsync client on the w2k
side w/ rsync --daemon running on the linux.

(I have also tried to start the rsync daemon on the win2k box but had
problems with giving paths and so I gave up doing that.)

rsync'ing locally on the win2k does not work either. ;-(

any more ideas?

Andras