Failed to dup/close : The descriptor is a file, not a socket

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Wed Nov 7 06:20:57 EST 2001

The server doesn't care where the client connects from... if he stays
static, your clients won't be hanging waiting to approve a new host key.
no, host name will help... it goes by IP... any host can say it's you, but
it takes a bit more work to spoof in on your IP, and MUCH more to steal
the host key.
As long as your dialup client intercepts the connection attempt and makes
it before ssh or rsync times out, you're golden.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

"Thomas Lambert" <thomas at dscassociates.com>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org