Failed to dup/close : The descriptor is a file, not a socket

Thomas Lambert thomas at dscassociates.com
Wed Nov 7 06:09:37 EST 2001

I just downloaded the latest cygwin - 1.3.4 and it fixed my problem on my
win98 pc.  :-)

I have a new question now.  I have 12 pc servers (NT4) that only have dialup
access to the internet.  Is there a way I can have them automatically login
when they run rsync (through ssh) to my Linux Server (DSL connection)?  I
was looking at the ssh help/man pages and it said somthing about
/etc/ssh_known_hosts and $HOME/.ssh/known_hosts.  But since they don't have
a "fixed" ip address, what do I have to do?  Is it possible?  Can I just use
their host/domain names?  Any help would be GREAT!

Thanks.

Thomas Lambert
VP
DSC Associates, Inc.