Excludes in /etc/rsyncd.conf

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Fri Nov 2 01:37:16 EST 2001

Actually, though the file IS read top-to-bottom, that is irrelevant for
the exclude (and for most (all?)) directives.  there can be only one for
the module.  I don't know the behaviour when there are multiple, whether
subsequent ones are ignored, the last one read wins, or it throws an
error.  the patterns all go on the single line, and are read in order.  If
you want to get fancy, use "exclude from", and put all your patterns in a
seperate file.  it'll be easier than maintaining a huge space-delimited
list.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org