rsync matches wrong ssh key

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Jul 26 21:53:19 EST 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 01:11:30AM -0400, Dave Wreski <dave at nic.com> wrote:
| > Oh. Can you send me an "ssh -v" transcript showing the behaviour?
|
| Cameron, I think I made a mistake. Not exactly sure yet, but I rearranged
| the order of the keys causing the incorrect matching, and it's working.

I suspect you've merely worked around your particular problem rather
than solved it. Another configuration may now be broken.

| believe there may have been a 'z' on the sending side but not the rsync on
| the receiving.

Hard to arrange - normally the receiver is invoked by the sender. And
regardless, that happens _after_ all the ssh negotiation has happened.

I'd still be interested in your ssh-v transcripts, both working and nonworking.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        cs at zip.com.au    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Misfeasance, malfeasance, nonfeasance, and mopery with intent to gawk.
	- Mike Royko