Backup with rsync and after that with tar

RoBSD robsd at softhome.net
Wed Jul 25 02:37:58 EST 2001

Hello rsync list,

Sorry if my response is already in the archives, I tried to find it
but I failed!

I have 5 computers running linux (rsync and ssh) remotely and I
started to make backups with the following command:

rsync -cavzRq -e /usr/local/sbin/ssh

but I think (maybe I'm wrong) that this mess the symbolic links.
I want to use tar and gzip to make backups from the HDD to tapes and
I don't know if the archives will be correct or not because of the
symbolic links.

Thank you for your time and for this wonderful tool!
Radu

--
Best regards,
 RoBSD                          mailto:robsd at softhome.net