rsync *Still* Copying All Files?

Mack, Daemian DMack at Tickets.com
Fri Dec 21 00:26:36 EST 2001

> The question is, why does it work?  Are you indeed copying
> between two NTFS
> filesystems, with rsync running under Windows & cygwin on
> both sides?  I
> would have thought that would result in matching timestamps
> granularity on
> both sides so rsync would always end up comparing the same values.

Now that you've jogged my memory, I remember coming across a Knowledge Base
article around a year ago that discussed this filesystem timestamp
granularity.  I can't recall the reason for it, or the set of circumstances
under which it's an issue, but maybe this article touches on the issue long
enough to be of relevance:

	http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q127830

My hunch is that this is happening because I'm dealing with NTFS5 on Win2K
and NTFS4 on NT4.

Daemian Mack