[Q] multicasting product ?

Jos Backus josb at cncdsl.com
Thu Dec 20 04:56:50 EST 2001

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 12:11:46PM +0100, Ph. Marek wrote:
> Now that RSYNC has RSYNC+ included a good usage would be to use RSYNC+ to
> gather update-date, then multicast that on your hosts and process it.

Note that the rsync+ functionality as currently present in CVS does not work;
I sent a final patch to Martin Pool for review that makes it work properly (my
colleague says he's had no problems so far). Hopefully it will make it into
the next stable release.

mrsync looks very interesting, too. It's always nice to have more options to
choose from.

--
Jos Backus                 _/  _/_/_/        Santa Clara, CA