Still some problems

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Thu Dec 20 02:16:25 EST 2001

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 10:15:51AM -0500, David Nickel Jr. wrote:
> Ok guys,
>  I bieleve have my modules setup right. But when I run the command
> "rsync -a web1::default/ /www/default" I get the following error
>
> opendir(bin): Permission Denied
> opendir(directories): Permission Denied
>  : Permission deniedo open //
> rsync error: partial transfer (code 23) at main.c (842)
>
> ... any suggestions
> David

You don't give enough information for us to be able to help you.  What
does your rsyncd.conf look like now?  What user id do you run it under?
Note that by default even if you run as root, the default user id that
rsync --daemon uses is "nobody" unless you explicitly set a "uid" parameter
in rsyncd.conf.

- Dave Dykstra