--size-only ?

Kapoor, Nishikant X Nishikant.X.Kapoor at xcelenergy.com
Wed Dec 19 01:04:18 EST 2001

> On 17 Dec 2001, "Kapoor, Nishikant X"
> <Nishikant.X.Kapoor at xcelenergy.com> wrote:
>
> > I need to skip a file if the file on destination has the same name
> and
> > same size as that of source.
>
> How would it know which file is the relevant one?
>
> If the changes are systematic, you might be able to run a pre or
> post-processing script to move the files to the same name, then do the
> transfer.
>
> Alternatively, have your script run rsync only on the files that need
> to be transferred.
	[Kapoor, Nishikant]  I have a remote source that generates a
datafile with a new filename every hour but as it happens, misses a few
during the day. I fetch these files through 'ftp' and distribute to my
clients using 'rsync'. My clients would like to receive these data files
iff they have not received them before i.e. these have a different
filename or else they lose the original datetime stamp of these files
(the files get a new stamp every time I fetch them from remote source).
This is what I was hoping to use --size-only option for.

	Thanks
	Nishi