Rsyncd limits

Randy Kramer rhkramer at fast.net
Tue Dec 11 03:13:52 EST 2001

Alexei Novikov wrote:

> Hi all,
> I was wondering if it will require any major rewrites of the
> daemon/client to include limits on the data transfer rate ?
>                 Alexei.

Alexei,

There is already an option to limit the bandwidth -- see --bwlimit.  By
lurking on this list, I've learned that it's not exactly a hard limit
but a limit on the average transfer rate -- my understanding is that
works something like: when the current average bandwidth exceeds the
limit, subsequent "packets" are delayed to reduce the average bandwidth
usage.

Will this accomplish what you need or are you looking for something
more?

hope this helps,
Randy Kramer