Problems with rsync 2.5.1pre1 and hardlinks

birger at takatukaland.de birger at takatukaland.de
Mon Dec 10 17:49:44 EST 2001

Martin Pool schrieb am Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 08:20:47AM +1100:
* Do you see any error messages in the log file on the server?

Nope, none - the server thinks it has done all transfers (despite having
its childs still clinging to some 200MB mem...) successfully.

*
* Running out of memory may be the problem.  As a temporary workaround
* perhaps you can create an additional swap file (rather than partition)
* on the backup server?

I "instructed" the decision makers of the afflicted organisation to buy
some extra 512MB so that both nodes have 1GB, I hope that it'll suffice.

I'll inform you about the results, maybe that will give some hints where
to look for excess memory usage on the hlink handling of rsync.

- Birger